Thursday 3 July 2014

Going Solo

So Bumble's Dad is going on a stag do, for the whole weekend, in Dundee (about a 5 hour drive away)!  This means that for the first time, Bumble and I are going solo overnight.  When this was weekend was planned,  I was still in the late stages of pregnancy and figured (naively) that 3 months is a long time and that by now I'd be totally on top of things but now it's here, I'm terrified and 48hrs without any form of break sounds like a horrendously long time!  

Now I can't really complain, Bumble is a very chilled out baby who (touch wood) usually sleeps right through from 8pm to 6am (no, I don't mention this to other mums very often) but the idea of having no back up (all our family is on the other side of the Pennines, which is a more challenging distance than you'd think given that this is the weekend that the Tour De France hits Yorkshire and cripples the road network) is pretty scary.  

Bumble's dad is often out for 10 or 11 hours during the day and I have to say, by the time he gets back at 6ish I'm usually knackered and ready to hand Bumble over and retire to the kitchen to cook dinner in peace.  I'll be honest, I am worried that after 48 hours, knackered will be a distant memory and I will have completely lost my mind.

I do know that I have to do it sometime, that there are going to be events where one of us has to be away and the other parent will have to go it alone for a few days but I'm not convinced that I'm ready for it just yet...  But cometh the hour, cometh the mummy!?!  

UPDATE: I guess the answer is a resounding "No!" - the hour came, as did the complete panic and Bumble's Dad very kindly agreed to stay home... 








No comments:

Post a Comment