Wednesday 16 July 2014

Don't tell anyone, but...

I have a baby who sleeps.  For whatever reason, Bumble sleeps through.  He did his first 5hr stretch (this is the medical definition of sleeping through- crazy huh?) at 6 weeks, by 9 weeks he was doing 10pm ish to 6am ish and for the last couple he's been doing 8pm ish until 6am ish.  He is not a quiet sleeper and is still in our room (although that will change come the weekend as he's outgrown his Moses Basket) so I'm still woken every couple of hours but I don't have to get out of bed/feed him/change him so don't "properly" wake up.  Now, all this is fantastic (I continually thank whatever it is that brought about this miracle) but it does make me somewhat of a pariah in new mum circles.  In fact, I usually just stay very quiet during the inevitable "how's ... sleeping?" conversation! And, do you know what? I don't blame them.  If I was still getting up 2 and 3 times in the night at 16+ weeks, I wouldn't want to know about the baby who gives his parents 10+ hours consistently at 13 weeks! 

I'm also realistic, I know it won't last - at least in the sense that when Bumble starts teething/is poorly/just decides not to sleep - I will be right there with everyone else at 3am, wishing for a good night's sleep; but, for the time being, I'm just going to enjoy not feeling totally knackered all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment