Tuesday 5 January 2016

And then there were four...

So, R2 arrived almost 4 weeks ago, fashionably late just like his older brother and following a slightly more challenging birth (everyone told be the second would be easier...total rubbish in my case!).  When I told people I was pregnant again, those with two (or more!) kids were split into two clearly defined camps: the "two is more than two" group and the "zero to one is harder than one to two" group.  The former spent a lot of time telling me that having two kids under two is more like starting your own nursery, alone, with no training than being a parent and the latter spent a lot of time reassuring me that actually adding an extra child doesn't double (or worse!) the work load! Almost 4 weeks in, I'm currently a member of the second group.  I found first time parenthood excruciatingly difficult and this time has been easier - I'm more confident and when R2 is being newborn draining, I have my cheery, busy, endlessly engaging Bumble to focus on. Bumble is absolutely besotted with R2, even if he does sometimes find it frustrating that my need to feed R2 interferes with his need for me to play kitchens/build a train track/pick him up right NOW! I am scared about going solo next week with my OH goes back to work after nearly a month of hols & paternity leave - by this time next week I might have changed camps, but I hope not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment